Your Application is Welcome
Do you have a passion for technical communication and product documentation? Get excited about empowering customers to learn new things? If so, we want you on our team! At Ken Cook Co. it’s not just a job, it’s a career. We’re proud to employ career-minded professionals who uphold our age-old values of hard work and customer satisfaction.
Join the Team
If you’re willing to always put customers first, accept a challenge, be resourceful, encourage and uplift your team, and show no fear when asked to wear a cheese head at a trade show, then you’re ready to join our team! We value each and every one of our employees and look forward to you becoming part of Ken Cook Co., if you have the munster!
Our employees believe in quality, customer satisfaction, communication and team collaboration. These core values inspire us to deliver the best experience to our customers.
What Does the Company Do?
We are a talented technical communications and product documentation company. A modern printer whose motto is “Print – Train – Create.” We pride ourselves on offering flexible and custom solutions to our customers in the agriculture, construction, durable manufacturing, marine, and automotive industries. Our capabilities are broad and include:
- Printing (print-on-demand, variable data, offset, web offset, flexographic), binding, fulfillment and distribution
- Online training courses (development and implementation)
- Digital storefronts (development and implementation)
- Technical writing, safety messaging, desktop publishing and graphic design
- Mobile and web application development
- Translation coordination
Leadership Will Support Your Personal Growth
Training and education is a service we offer to our clients. And it is only right to practice what we preach. Leadership often encourages employees to undergo internal training and education to support their individual journeys and to help them reach their highest potential as members of a unified team.
As a Ken Cook Co. employee you will:
- Give your personal best each and every day
- Pay attention to details
- Advocate for our clients’ interests and provide them the best service
- Expand and grow your skills and knowledge
- Embrace a challenge or spearhead a new project
- Be willing to work with the team to provide solutions
- Welcome travel opportunities (if your role requires) and be willing to expand business by visiting clients or attending trade shows
- Actively engage in the ongoing Packers vs. Bears rivalry within the office
As an employer Ken Cook Co. will:
- Expand and grow your skills and knowledge
- Offer a business-casual atmosphere
- Promote an open-door communication style so you can discuss any ideas or concerns with your manager or another manager
- Uphold its no-bullying policy to ensure you enjoy a positive work environment
- Provide a comfortable work location in suburban New Berlin, Wisconsin – conveniently located near major highways and restaurants
- Invite you to the annual company-sponsored event, compliments of Ken Cook, for well-deserved relaxing and networking
Full Stack Java Developer
Job Duties: Reporting to the Development Manager, the Web Application Developer is responsible for creating and maintaining web-based applications in support of Ken Cook Co.’s customer and internal websites and applications. Duties include consulting with key stakeholders to help assess application needs to support the estimating process to allow for the development of interactive web-based applications. Developing web applications to collect, store, organize and display information utilizing Java server technologies; coordinating with users and stakeholders to test and ensure the usability of the applications. This position is also responsible for deploying applications along with troubleshooting, maintaining, and upgrading web-based applications; and ensuring adherence to web development standards, web security measures, customer branding, and basic website design. The ability to support the Development Manager with software architecture and design is also needed.
Qualified candidates will ideally have 2-3 years of overall web development experience with at least 1 year of Java programming focus and willing and eager to learn other languages and methodologies. On the job training and team support for this is very strong and very much encouraged at Ken Cook Co. We offer a great work environment, a casual dress code, high-end development equipment, and give the development team flexibility when it comes to their development styles and ideas. Hours are from 7:00 to 3:30, 8:00 to 4:30 or 9:00 to 5:30. Overtime and off-hours work is occasionally needed. Traveling to customer locations is also an occasional requirement. The position has a full benefits package and offers competitive compensation commensurate with the candidate’s level of experience.
Candidates should be prepared to experience and learn a myriad of new technologies, work with advanced hardware and software, and experience a very forward-thinking approach to software development.